There are many reasons why a man might want to store sperm for future fertility. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Medical conditions that can affect fertility. Some medical conditions, such as cancer, can damage sperm production. Storing sperm before starting treatment can help to preserve a man's fertility.
- Treatments that can affect fertility. Some treatments, such as surgery, chemotherapy and radiation, can also damage sperm production. Storing sperm before starting treatment can help to preserve a man's fertility.
- Uncertainty about the future. Some men may choose to store sperm simply because they are unsure about the future. They may want to have the option of having children later in life, even if they are not currently planning on having children.
Sperm storage is a safe and effective way to preserve a man's fertility. The sperm is stored in a frozen state at a very low temperature. This prevents the sperm from dying and allows it to be used for future fertility treatments.
The cost of sperm storage varies depending on the facility and the length of time that the sperm is stored. However, it is generally a relatively affordable option.
If you are considering sperm storage, it is important to talk to your doctor. They can help you to determine if sperm storage is right for you and can answer any questions that you have.
Here are some additional benefits of sperm storage:
- It can give you peace of mind knowing that you have a backup plan if you experience fertility problems in the future.
- It can give you more time to find a partner or to get your finances in order before starting a family.
- It can give you the option of having children later in life, even if you are no longer able to produce sperm naturally.
If you are interested in learning more about sperm storage, please talk to your doctor or contact us by email at FrontDesk@NYCryo.com or by phone 516-487-2700.